Sunday, June 30, 2002

Bish says I’m having a creativity spurt. (I’m not, I’m not! I’m always creative!)
I’m not sure how long I can keep this up. I now deeply admire bloggers for their amazing perseverance.

Until recently, I used to write analysis reports for a living. I used to work a few days or weeks on a piece, because most of the work was research. But this gave me plenty of time for thinking about phrasing before I even started writing. I had a very limited readership and I suspect most of them just skimmed through because they usually did the exact opposite to what I recommended.

This is much more fun. I get to say whatever stupid idea pops into my head. And I don’t have to submit everything I write to censorship by my boss, just because his name is also on it. (So what? What about creative liberty? Civil servant report writers of the world unite!)