Thursday, October 31, 2002

Lost in Translation is a fun site that shows what a mess computerized translations can make of things. You can try it yourself.

I tried this line from the first chapter of the book of Exodus:
Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.

And it came out as:
To become fullfilled here emerso alongside advanced of finished Egypt new king, the one that Jose did not know.

Then I tried my blog description:
Just your regular split personality Israeli mother trying to make sense of current insanity.

And look what happened:
Rectum that his Israeli of nut/mother of the normal one divided itself of the state, of that the test to crazyness of include/understand the chain.

Hmmm.

This is one of the UK Guardian’s contributions of the day.

I’ve been discovering all new parts of the Guardian since I’ve started reading the excellent Palm Pilot version. It’s so aggravating that people who wish I were dead bring out such a good newspaper.