Friday, October 11, 2002

Not a Fish
is just me being me. Everyone who reads this and knows me personally can see that.
It has evolved quite a bit since I began in June. I go where my fancy takes me. I have something to say I say it. Stories I write about often have continuations but I’ve lost interest. I’ve said what I had to say. I am not a journalist.

Israel is much more than the conflict with the Palestinians, as Our Sis pointed out back when I was writing about that alone. (I wish I could say the same about the Palestinians, but that’s besides the point). Most Israelis take this country, and all the amazing accomplishments of the last hundred years, for granted. This war, threatening our very existence, has given us a rare opportunity to be aware and appreciate. With all its faults, this is a really amazing place to live.