Thursday, March 20, 2003

I’m cheesed off with hysterical parents. Quite a lot of kids from Youngest’s class (second grade) came to school and they studied nicely as usual. However, only eight of Eldest’s classmates (sixth grade) came (including Eldest). Those that did come didn’t want to stay of course “It’s not fair, blah blah blah”. Damn those other parents. I really see no justification for all this fuss. Business as usual, that’s the healthiest way, I think.

I might be able to get off this weekend after all and go down to Mitzpe Ramon with Bish and the girls, but I’ll only know later on.

Are people carrying masks in Tel Aviv as requested? Well, I didn’t get around very much today, but from the short drive from home to work and back I’d say so so. Some with, some without. I didn’t notice any difference in the amount of traffic in the city or in vacant parking places lining the sidewalks. In 1991 one of the best things was the abundance of parking in Tel Aviv, after everyone left town. Too bad I didn’t have a car back then. Of course, this was following the missile attacks. Most people don’t think we’re going to get any this time.

I don’t think that the fact that scuds having been launched against Kuwait really increases the likelihood of our getting them too, but it does make people feel a bit uneasier.