Saturday, April 12, 2003

Important Announcement
I've been asked to make the Haroset for the Passover Seder this year. Sadly, I don't know my mother's Haroset recipe, so I can't make the exact recipe we're used to. I could ask my mother-in-law for hers but although she makes a really really delicious Sephardi version with dates, we're having the Seder with the Ashkenazi side and the appropriate product would probably be appreciated.

I need help!

I hereby announce a Haroset recipe festival on Not a Fish (This was R.T.'s idea). All recipes are welcome: Ashkenazi, Sephardi, Yemeni and whatever. If you have a nice Haroset recipe you would like to share, please e-mail it to me and I'll do my best to publish it here before Seder night (Remember to tell me if it's OK to post your name or not). The recipe I like best (which will probably be the one that gives ingredients I have in the house already, or, even more likely, the easiest one) will be the one I use. Or maybe I'll use my mother-in-law's recipe in the end. It really is yummy. I'll post it here too, if I remember to ask her for it.

Yes, I have noticed that there are quite a lot of recipes available online, but this sounds like much more fun, doesn't it?

[I do realize I should be writing "my late mother" or "of blessed memory" or something like that, but it sounds too strange, sort of distancing her, when I don't feel she's distant at all]