Friday, August 01, 2003

Is it just me or is #5 really not that good?
It could be me, you know. I've been through a few life experiences since I read #4. Could it possibly be that I have grown up at last????

Naaah. I still love blowing soap bubbles, so it can't be that.

I've just finished it. It took ages. I've never read a Harry Potter so slowly, but then it's the first time I've read it in English. Up till now I've always read the Hebrew versions. But this was only really a slight problem in the first few pages, till I worked out the different names of the magical creatures. The book just didn't manage to grab me. You know the point where you can't put a book down? When you begin neglecting the kids and sneaking it into work? (No? Well you're obviously a better person than me). Well anyway, this time it didn't happen. Maybe the wait for it was too long. Maybe I'm more aware of the manipulation (there you are – blogging has forever spoilt my ability to enjoy light reading). Unlike with previous books, I don't feel like reading it again; I'm not waiting for #6 (although I'm sure I'll read it when it comes out) and I don't feel disappointed and unfulfilled with my life as a Muggle.

In short – I'm FREE (Yippee).