Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Israel Left wing blogs written in English seem to be getting ditsier all the time.

We should never have come here.

We are cruel and unjust.

Our army's actions are far worse than the Hamas'.

I thought she was kidding. I thought it was leading up to something profound. Apparently not.

Well, I’ve thought about it, and she hasn’t convinced me.

No, seriously. I’ve been thinking about it since before she was born. Thinking and thinking and thinking. And the funny thing is that round about when she was born I was just coming around to her way of seeing things.

Maybe it was me who lost the plot somewhere around the summer of 2000, and not her (How old was she way back then? Fifteen?). Maybe it’s because I wasn’t born in the year of the Rat. I’m obviously way too old to get it. I don’t even know what Chinese year I was born in. Forgive me, I didn’t even know it was of consequence.

Hang on. She’s nineteen and she listens to Joan Baez?? Is that sad or what?

Now I’m definitely going to be kicked out of the Ministry of Compassion. Fancy being nasty to some infant blogger, still wet around the ears, young enough to be my daughter!

I am downright ashamed of myself. (And of Israel’s education system. Don’t they teach them why the Six Day War broke out? Or do they reckon it’s too complex for the kids today to understand?

Or maybe when she says “We should never have come here” she’s not talking just about the territories. Maybe she missed the lesson about the Holocaust. I know they teach that.

Hey kiddo, you’re free to leave, you know. You’re still young enough to build a life somewhere else, and, unlike most Israelis, you seem to know English well enough to get along in a nice civilized country.)

In my perplexion, I return to the infant blog for clues.

We have the right to defend ourselves, when we're living within our borders.

We are living on stolen lands.

We should never have come here.

I detect a logical dillema here. If we should never have come here, and we are living on stolen lands, which exactly are the borders we have a right to defend? Define 'borders'; define 'here'; define 'us'; define 'defend'.

Fuzzy brain attack ... I really shouldn’t start thinking about these things at this time of night.

I wish infant peacey bloggers would be more precise and not leave me with all these bothering questions.

On the other hand it’s nice to see that someone can manage to be even fuzzier than me.

Imshin, you are horrible and mean.

Okay, I’m going to bed now, before I get completely out of control.